Fast Facts About Florence, South Carolina
Population (2020): 38,535
Median Income (2020):
- Individual: $27,218
- Household: $51,073
- Bennettsville, S.C. – 44 min
- Sumter, S.C. – 48 min
- Myrtle Beach, S.C. – 1hr 31min
County: Florence County
Type of Location: City
- Florence Regional Airport: 2 miles
Why is Florence, South Carolina a Nice Place to Live?
Florence was named an All-American City by the National Civic League. Living in Florence, South Carolina allows residents to enjoy the suburban atmosphere while being just a short distance to both Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and Charlotte, North Carolina.
In addition, Florence is a hotspot for culture and art with several art galleries, concerts and theater performances.
Many locals living in Florence, South Carolina, know it for its outdoor and indoor recreation, featuring parks, nature trails, and athletic facilities. Florence also offers a low cost of living making it perfect for families and individuals alike.
What is Florence Known For?
Florence has a rich history. From its beginnings as a railroad town to its robust agricultural and industrial production, it’s a perfect mix of old and new. Presently, fourteen total Fortune 500 companies have been established here.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Florence?
During your stay, check out the Top 10 highest-rated restaurants in Florence:
- Tubb’s Shrimp & Fish Co., for fresh seafood
- Julia Belle’s, for American food
- Victor Steaks Wine Seafood, for a steakhouse featuring seafood
- Wholly Smokin’ BBQ and Ribs, for American barbecue
- Rebel Pie, for inventive and authentic Italian pizza pies
- The Lost Cajun – Florence Interstate Crossings, for Cajun and Creole cuisine
- Red Bone Alley, for American food and full bar
- Town Hall, for American eats
- Fatz Cafe, for American cuisine in a cafe setting
- Starfire Grill, for both American and Mediterranean fare