Fast Facts About Marion, South Carolina
Population (2020): 6,598
Median Income (2020):
- Individual: $16,748
- Household: $24,227
- Florence, S.C. – 27 min
- Conway, S.C. – 41 min
- Myrtle Beach, S.C. – 1 hr 5 min
County: Marion County
Type of Location: City
- Florence Regional Airport: 20 miles
Why is Marion, South Carolina a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Marion, South Carolina is a great way to enjoy natural beauty and entertainment.
Marion is home to natural beauty, in part because it borders the Great Pee Dee River to the west. The City of Marion Hike and Bike Trail is a two-mile stretch of trail that stretches through town, perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.
Check out a show or local concert at the area’s premier amphitheater, Swamp Fox Entertainment Complex. You can also enjoy a show at the Old Town Hall & Opera House.
With just an hour drive, residents of Marion can enjoy Myrtle Beach and all of its restaurants, attractions, and nightlife.
What is Marion Known For?
Living in Marion, South Carolina, gives you instant access to a wealth of historical sites.
There is a large historic district with more than 90 buildings and several monuments. Marion also has the distinction of having one of the state’s oldest newspapers. You can find out more about Marion’s rich history at the Marion County Museum.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Marion?
The Top 10 highest-rated restaurants in Marion, South Carolina are:
- Jimmy B’s, for Southern comfort food
- Etc. Bakery & Deli, for baked goods and deli sandwiches
- T-Roy’s Restaurant, for American fare
- Marion Chinese Restaurant, Chinese and Asian cuisine
- MW Hibachi Japanese Restaurant, for authentic Japanese food
- City Food & Spirits, for American eats and full bar
- Richard’s Restaurant, for American food in a diner setting
- Makkoli Chinese Restaurant, for quality Chinese food
- Raspberries & Thyme, for a café atmosphere
- Bojangles, for fried chicken and fixings