Fast Facts About Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Population (2020): 83
Median Income (2020):
- Individual: $63,750
- Household: $136,250
- Myrtle Beach, SC – 49 min
- Georgetown, SC – 22 min
- Conway, SC – 54 min
County: Georgetown County
Type of Location: Residential
- Myrtle Beach International Airport: 23 miles
Why is Pawleys Island, South Carolina a Nice Place to Live?
Living in Pawleys Island, South Carolina gives you the peace and quiet of a resort town with close proximity to restaurants, shops and other attractions.
A quiet resort town, Pawleys Island is the perfect destination for retirees and families alike. Activities include fishing, crabbing, and of course enjoying the stretch of picturesque beach.
Located at the end of the Grand Strand, Pawleys Island is just a short drive away from the attractions of Myrtle Beach.
What is Pawleys Island Known For?
It is one of the oldest resort areas of the U.S. East Coast with 12 residences in the historic district dating back to the 1700s. It is separated from the mainland by a salt marsh and accessible by two short causeways.
Living in Pawleys Island, South Carolina is a great way to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of other towns.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Pawleys Island?
The Top 10 highest-rated restaurants in Pawleys Island, South Carolina are:
- Bistro 217, for American fare and seafood
- Perrone’s Restaurant and Bar, for international and contemporary eats
- Caffe Piccolo, for authentic Italian
- Rustic Table, for American food and seafood
- Frank’s Restaurant, for American and seafood dishes
- Chive Blossom, for American and seafood cuisine
- Eggs Up Grill, for American-style breakfast
- BisQit, for American fare and a full bar
- Quigley’s Pint & Plate, for American tastes
- Landolfi’s Pizza, Panini and Pastries, for Italian foods and baked goods